January 29, 2010

Lupe Fiasco Cancelling His Mixtape Plans AGAIN


Referring to Enemy of the State...
"I was plotting on doing the follow-up to that," Lupe said. "Simply because [Enemy of the State] was short. And I felt like it was space to do another one. I was gonna do another one called Friend to the People, but I started to get wind that people had songs they shouldn't have had. I was like, 'This is just gonna open the floodgates if I come out with another record. I know these dudes are threatening to leak records and do crazy stuff.' Sometimes I feel there may be too much Lupe music out there — whether it be old stuff or new stuff or freestyles. I don't want to have a ton of music sitting out. I made the decision to fall back from it and really focus on the climb. We were a couple of weeks away from doing that"

DJ Absolute tape...
"With this Absolute tape, I had to tell him straight up, 'We homeboys, and you got all this old music, but it ain't time right now. It's too much going on. It's too many people with music they shouldn't have, and I don't want to get it clouded,' " said Lupe, who's putting out his third LP, Lasers, this summer. The lead cut from the album, "I'm Beaming," was recently leaked without Lupe's consent."

Lasers...
"There's investigations going on," he said. "So let's just postpone that and wait until we got a clearer time to do it. Even with that, we're going in to Lasers. The one thing I don't want with that is confusion. I want the message to at least connect until we get to the release date. After that, we can do whatever. Right now, it's Lasers time."

0 comments: